We accept applications for admission throughout the school year. We are accepting new enrollments for grade 6-10 only.
Step 1 - Complete the Online Application Form
- Preparation (by Parents). Complete the online student application form by clicking on the button below.
Step 2 - Scan and Email Documentation
- Scan and email the two required documents (below) to email@example.com. All scans submitted will be kept and placed in your child's permanent application file.
- Document One: Official school transcripts/reports for the last two years with an English translation if these are in a language other than English or Japanese.
- Document Two: Student’s photo page of their passport(s). (If your child does not have a passport, please let us know)
Step 3 - Entrance Test Fee Payment
- Pay the entrance test fee. A non-refundable amount of: 20,000 yen per child. Please ensure you pay the remittance /transfer fee so that 20,000 yen is received by DISK.
- Applicants are requested to pay the entrance testing fee, in Japanese Yen, prior to the testing date.
- Please scan and send the bank receipt to the admissions officer.
- Please note the testing results are only valid for a year from testing. We will require re-testing and payment of the entrance testing fee after this time.
- Please make sure to write the reference number 301 in the sender space on the bank transfer form.
Step 4 - Academic Assessment (by DISK)
- Following a review of the application form and scans, the admissions office will contact the applicant’s family via email to schedule an entrance Test and Interview. If these documents are not in order we can not guarantee placement by the Doshisha University oversight committee who meet once a month.
Step 5 - Entrance Testing and Interviews
- Entrance testing and interviews can be scheduled only after Step 1 -4 above have been completed.
- Parent/s and student applicant/s will need approximately 3 hours for the testing and interviews.
- All applicants take MAP language and MAP math tests as part of the admissions process as well as do some creative writing to gauge English ability. Non-native speakers of English are expected to be able to read, speak and write English at (or within) two grade levels.
- Explore MAP: studentresources.nwea.org
- Practice MAP: practice.mapnwea.org (username = grow / password = grow).
- The Director will interview both the parent/s and the student applicant/s to confirm data supplied and to get to know the applicant and their English communication skills.
Step 6 - Result Notification
- After the admissions testing is completed, the DISK Admission committee meets to review the information and make a recommendation to the head of DIA. If the head of DIA approves it will be taken to the next Doshisha University oversight committee that ensures all documentation etc. are in order and make the final approval for a student to enter DISK. The Doshisha University oversight committee meet approximately once a month.
- July 7th is their next meeting. Aug 24 is the earliest a child can start classes at DISK. Please note you will be charged a full month tuition even if you start on the last day of a month, we recommend starting on the first day of the month.
- If all is looking good the family is notified and they are they are offered a place conditional on the Doshisha University oversight committee final approval. In some cases, we may suggest a trial day to confirm our decision is in the best interest of the student future success as a learner.
- Failure to be admitted: If this is due to the students weak English abilities, we recommend re-testing in a year after ensuring your child gets English tutoring related to reading, writing, and vocabulary growth.
Step 7 - Registration Fee (Non-Refundable, One-Time Fee)
- To ensure your child's enrollment at DISK the Registration Fee must be submitted by bank transfer into the school's account within five days of notification of the exam results and/or prior to your child's first day of classes.
- Amount: 250,000 yen per child. Please ensure you pay the remittance /transfer fee, so that 250,000 yen is received by DISK.
- Please make sure to write the reference number 302 in the sender space on the bank transfer form.
- Bank and branch name: 京都銀行 精華町支店 The Bank of Kyoto, Seika-cho branch
- Account number: 3947259
- Account holder’s name: 学校法人同志社同志社国際学院ガクドウシシャドウシシャコクサイガクインGakkouhoujin Doshisha, Doshisha Kokusai Gakuin
- Zengin送金種別：電信送金（Telegraphic Transfer）
- 支払方法：通知払（Advise and pay）
- 支払銀行手数料（Paying Bank's Charges, if any）：支払人負担（Payee's Account)
- The Bank of Mitsubishi UFJ, LTD. Kyoto Branch
- 銀行住所: 10, Naginatabokocho, Karasuma-higashiiru, Shijodori, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto 600-8008, Japan
- Swift Address: BOTKJPJT
- 預金種類：普通預金 Ordinary Account [Savings Account] 口座番号：3119726
- 受取人名：学校法人同志社同志社国際学院 Doshisha International Academy
- Zengin Bank Code: 0005 / Zengin Branch Code: 431
*Please pay the remittance charge to the transfers.